Monday, March 16, 2009

It’s Chocolate! (part II)


 

Belgium's Dolfin Chocolate is by the far the finest, best quality chocolate in Europe (from my experience). Although I am sorry to say this is the lone company I have listed that you will not be able to order online with, it would be worth your while to write them an e-mail about ordering and shipping information. They are renowned for their plain chocolate bars not only because of their delicate quality, but also because of their inimitable ingredients. For example, when I first tried Dolfin chocolates, I only had a small bar of their regular milk chocolate, which is rich, full-bodied, and not without a definite bitter pungency that can be easily smelled, but not felt. After this first regular bar, I built up my nerve to try some of their more unique combines such as "Milk Chocolate with Cinnamon from Ceylon" and my favorite, "Dark Chocolate with Earl Grey Tea". Although these may sound a bit strange, there is nothing odd about the taste and the Earl Grey Tea was ideally poised with the bitterness of their special dark chocolate. Among Europeans, Dolfin's highest demand is for their 88% cocoa bars, which even for me were a little too much to handle. If you love black chocolate with a kick, this is your number one spot for it. I highly suggest Dolfin to any chocolate lover—if for no other reason than to try their unique flavors and blends (others include Milk Chocolate with Ground Coffee and Dark Chocolate with Mint Leaves) With their unique blends and flavors I would recommend putting a few of the interesting bars in a gift basket for your favorite chocolate lover. Aside from the quality of the product, they come in beautifully designed silver and white wrappers and are almost too pretty to unwrap. I will warn you up front that this is by no means a cheap gift, so make sure you have a good grasp on the currency exchange before you buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment